Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cross Country Skiing

What a beautiful day to go skiing!  I went to Anchorage and skied with my best friend, Diane along the complex collection of trails along the Anchorage Hillside.  I never have any idea where I am on those trails.  I just follow her!  I can see that I am certainly not in the best skate ski shape this year.  Of course it was my first time on the skate skis this winter.  That could have something to do with it!  I can't believe how slow I was especially on the uphill sections, with the other skate skiers flying by like I was standing still!  I could definitely have walked or run faster.  But it was fun and that is what really mattered today.  It has been a busy hectic week and today was my relax and enjoy day. 

 

No back to my final packing and getting ready to head off to Japan for the Eco Slow Marathon and the Shikoku Pilgrimage.  I have received a few donations to my latest Team In Training event.  Thanks so much to Kate and Dorothy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment