Tuesday, October 30, 2012

6 Miles at the Sports Center

It snowed about 4 inches last night and the current wind is about 50 miles per hour.  I decided to pass on even trying to run outdoors in that mess.  I went to the Menard Sports Center and ran 6 miles on the indoor track.  That is really a wonderful place to run because it has the perfect temperature, small hills, a smooth surface, and you don't have to fight the elements or traffic or exhaust fumes.  I also beats running on a treadmill because you don't stay in one place.  I am so fortunate to have a place like that to workout.  It is well worth the drive.

I have been posting a different photo each week on Facebook to encourage donations of $25 or more for a thank you gift of an 8 x 10 print of the photo.  So far, I have gotten no donations at all. This week's photo is of a bald eagle from Homer.

Bald Eagle - Homer, Alaska
I'm hoping to find more ways to encourage donations.  I love to run, but the most important part of my running is to find a cure for cancer. 

Please consider making a donation to my

No comments:

Post a Comment