Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Way Behind - Sorry

Well talk about after the fact!  I finished the bike ride, arriving in Palmer on July 19th at 8:30 pm.  Very exhausted after doing a full 90 miles the last day, all the way from Trapper Creek to my house in Palmer.  I was quite ill after that and after one week of feeling near death, found out that Giardia was the culprit.  Whoops, the filter broke and I had to depend on my iodine and well, guess they don't work quite as well. 

I finally started running again on August 1st and ran two 5 mile runs the 1st and 2nd, down in California.  As soon as I was done with the bike ride I had to fly down to California to help out my mother.  So, training and running sort of had to take a back seat.

But I am back now and trying to get back into the swing of things.  I will be posting the bike ride story one day soon.  I kept an extensive journal so will be writing it up soon.

Here is the final arrival in Palmer picture.  I was so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment