Sunday, January 17, 2021

Peters Creek Trail

 This was a beautiful hike with my friend Pam.  My dog was not quite as happy as I was about it , so once again she was a backpack rider all the way to the spot where we decided to turn back.  I wasn't feeling too good myself.  I just seemed exhausted, which is very unusual for me on a fairly easy hike like that.  I had my first Covid-19 shot just two days before so Pam and I both came to the conclusion that it was having some sort of influence over my energy.  Normally I feel like I can walk indefinitely.  But not today. I was quite happy when we turned around.  I was also happy that Baby got tired of riding and wanted to do her usual sprint back to the parking lot.  Taking 8 pounds of dog off my back certainly didn't hurt! 

When we got back to Palmer, I realized I had dropped one of my very expensive Kahtoola spikes by the place where we had parked.  When I bought some new ones in Wasilla and found out they now cost $70, I decided it was worth the 22 mile drive back to the trailhead to see if I could find it.  To my delight, some kind person had found it and hung it on the trailhead sign.  I was happy to be reunited with it.  I had wanted to get a second pair, so I didn't mind that I ended up buying the new pair.



No comments:

Post a Comment