Friday, September 25, 2020

Skyscraper Mountain

 I've had my eye on this trail for as long as I can remember, but for some reason I've never given it a try. It starts out with an extremely steep climb up through loose dirt and scree on something that barely even looks like a trail. Since winter is coming soon and I had run out of new places to explore, I decided to give it a try.  It was an amazing hike! I was all alone the whole way. Once past that first steep section, it becomes a lovely ridge walk. It's such a steep drop off on either side as you walk the ridge, that I was even feeling a sense of height. At no time was there actually any danger though.  We did find a bit of snow here and there, but it was mostly snow free.  From the highest point I had a nice view down to Independence Mine in the valley below.  I am quite satisfied that I have finally scratched Skyscraper off my To Do List.

Baby was apparently quite anxious to get back to the car once we turned around.  I thought I'd kill myself getting down because she was pulling so hard on her leash.  In places it was quite slippery and since I don't have 4 legs, I managed to get pulled off my feet and land on my back in several places.  I wondered if she was enjoying watching me crash all the way down the mountain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment