Sunday, September 22, 2019

Buenos Aires Marathon

Marathon number 144 and country number 33 completed.
I was lucky on this race because according to our Marathon Globetrotters club, this race had a 7 hour time limit.  Fortunately I have been trying to get to a 6 hour time.  At mile 18 some other runners told me the time limit for this race was actually 6 hours. I didn't really believe them, but to be safe I picked up my pace.  A couple of miles later, Kevin our Globetrotters president, caught up with me and confirmed the 6 hour time limit.  I ran with him and we both pushed as hard as we could and finished at 6:07.   One of our runners was picked up by the bus and unable to finish.  But Kevin and I did get our official times and medals.  I'm happy that I was able to get that close to my personal goal of under 6 hours.  I plan to train for speed so that I consistently am under 6 hours.

It was a nice race and great to spend a little time in Buenos Aires. My Garmin watch and my Nike app got a little carried away with the distance measurement.  I'm sure the distance was actually 26.2, rather than the 28 miles recorded by my GPS devices.






No comments:

Post a Comment