Sunday, July 30, 2017

Lesotho

I woke up feeling terrible this morning.  Again we were really pressed for time.  When I signed up for this series I had no idea we would have a strict time limit. When I found out about it a few days before flying here, it was too late to cancel.  The race director said it wouldn't be a problem and that he would make sure everyone finished each race.  But after the troubles I had yesterday and the nausea I felt this morning, plus the high altitude and freezing temperatures, I knew I couldn't run the full marathon today.  So I decided to just run the 5K. We still get the medal regardless of the distance we run, so I just ran the 5K for the medal. I actually barely had the energy to do that. I do think part of my problem today was simply intimidation due to my slow performance yesterday.

So Lesotho will not be added to my list of countries with Marathon Globetrotters, sadly.



No comments:

Post a Comment