Saturday, November 2, 2013

Long Run

I started out intending to only run 5 or 6 miles.  But after I reached about 3 miles I just couldn't seem to stop.  I ended up running 11.6 miles before I found myself back home again.  It was just perfect temperature, about 33 degrees but with no wind, and too warm for ice on the road.  It was kind of foggy most of the time which actually made it more interesting. I love running along the bicycle trail on the Old Glenn Highway.  On Clark Wolverine Road I have to contend with lots of hills.  But those hills are the best running workout I can do.  I know by running up and down that hilly road, I am getting stronger for when I encounter hills in my upcoming marathons.  Especially the Athens Classic Marathon that I am running next weekend.  I hear it has some very long hills.  They will still be tough but at least they will feel familiar.

It was rather pretty out there today as I was crossing the Matanuska River Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment