Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nike Women's Marathon

I finished the Nike Women's Marathon today, another 26.2 miles. My 7th full marathon. What a beautiful race it is through San Francisco. The weather was kind also. It stayed a little foggy to keep things cool.  After training on the North Slope in 30 degree weather, sunny California seemed pretty hot. I was slow as usual, finishing somewhere right after 5 hours and 35 minutes. The official race results are not showing on the Nike site yet, but according to my Nike+ and my iPod, my chip time was somewhere in that area. I'm hoping one day to figure out how to pick up the pace.  


Maybe in January when I run PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon in Phoenix, for Team In Training, I will improve my time. But right now, I am just thrilled to reach the finish line. It is always a very emotional experience to know that you made it the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment