It was forecast to rain today but so far, I haven't seen any rain. It was cloudy but nice and warm and I could see all the mountains. I tossed my pack and my hiking shoes into my car and just drove down the road to the Lazy Mountain Trailhead. I wasn't sure I had the necessary energy but figured I would just see how I felt. Bella and I climbed up the steep side trail and even though it was slippery, it wasn't too muddy and we made our well fairly quickly up to the flat spot where the picnic table used to be. I was so hot until I reached that spot. Once we crested that ridge, we were met with a nice cool breeze. We took a break at the picnic table at its new spot then worked our way all the way up to the summit. Bella raced up to the highest point along the steep rocks. I joined her there and took my usual 360-degree summit video.
Friday, August 21, 2026
Lazy Mountain Climb
We lingered up there for a little while then started on down. Soon after leaving the summit, we met Meg, one of the well-known local elite mountain runners. She never ceases to amaze me because this 4-mile hike usually takes me close to 4 hours, yet Meg routinely does it very quickly on her lunch hour from work. We didn't see very many other people on the trail, but Bella managed to have a conversation with every dog we met. She actually behaved herself fairly well. Toward the bottom we found the one and only deep muddy spot. Of course, Bella had to wallow in that. Back at the car I carefully picked her up and placed her on the blanket in her doggie seat. Once back home, I transferred her immediately to the kitchen sink for a partial bath. Now all cleaned up she is resting comfortably. I'm so glad I finally got up Lazy Mountain again. I usually climb it quite often, but this summer there has been so much bad weather or other obligations that have kept me from doing it. I always feel better after a good climb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment