Saturday, April 27, 2024

Valley Thaw Out Half Marathon

This was my third year to run this little local half marathon. As on the other two years, I came in last. I'm the oldest and the slowest, but I always get there. It was a spectacular day for it too. Not a cloud in the sky, bright sunshine and mostly temperatures in the 50's. It started out about 45 degrees and the wind made it seem a bit colder. I decided to keep my windbreaker on. That was a good choice, because even though it was sunny and fairly warm, the wind was substantial. But that wind was nice because it kept me from being too hot, and slowing me down even more. We start at a farm in the middle of the Bodenburg Butte Loop Road, head one way on the loop until reaching the Old Glenn Highway. Then we turn left and run to mile 6, along the bike trail until the street before Wolverine Road. At that point we turn around and retrace our steps back to the loop road. But then we continue past it to the other end of the same loop road. Then we follow it back until we reach the finish line at the farm where we started. There were 57 finishers on the half marathon. There was also a 5k and a 10k race along parts of the same route. It was a nice way to spend the day and remind myself that I need to get in better shape! I love the views along the route.

My finish

Me in orange at the start

From my GPS tracker

Pioneer Peak

Pioneer, Pepper, and Twin Peaks

My finishers medal

No comments:

Post a Comment