Friday, April 5, 2024

Archangel Road

 I always hike with my friend Pam on Fridays. We got about 6 inches of snow the last two days. So we figured skiing would be amazing up on the Archangel Road ski trail. The road up to the trail was quite icy and had at least 6 inches of snow on it. The parking lot had closer to a foot of heavy wet snow on it. I actually got stuck and took several tries to pull myself back out. Once we got up onto the trail and managed to get our skis on in the deep snow, we quickly found that maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. Pam's skis kept getting stuck because the wet snow was icing up on the bottom of her skis. My skis seemed to perform well, but my dog was practically buried up to her ears in the snow. She kept bouncing like a rabbit then plunging into the snow. Her whole lower body was covered with snowballs too! After only a few minutes and not more than 100 feet, we gave up and turned back. I went home and cleared my driveway with my snowblower and shoveled what I couldn't reach with the blower.

Bella, The Snowball Dog

My Backyard This Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment