Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Bodenburg Butte Climb

 Bella got her stitches out yesterday so we celebrated with a climb of the Butte. The trail was totally iced up. about half of this trail is a series of wooden stairs. The were treacherous but with my micro spikes on my boots, and clinging to the ropes and rails, we made the top easily. Bella acted like nothing had ever happened to her and bounced all the way up that ice as if she was a 6 month old puppy. It was so calm on the top that for a change, we could actually spend a little time up there admiring the view instead of turning abruptly back to escape from horrendous winds. We both really needed a good climb after spending the last weeks going slowly while she recovered from surgery. I was a little horrified at times as we descended because Bella wanted to run at top speed the whole way. I would have been embarrassed killing myself or breaking a few bones on something simple like the 800 foot high Butte. So I controlled her until we at least got past the icy stairs. After we were back on just the icy trail, we both ran all the way back to the car. It felt so wonderful to finally get a good steep climbing workout. I love the view around the valley from the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment