Monday, September 3, 2018

The Treadmill

Today was positively horrid outside.  It was pouring rain and blowing and cold.  The roads are nearly flooded in places.  The hotel parking lot could qualify as a small lake.  I gave up and ran on the treadmill instead of venturing out there in that mess.

It was a good exercise, and I made it through 6 miles.  One good thing about the treadmill is that I can speed up the belt and force myself to run faster.  But even doing that, it still doesn't feel the same as actually moving forward on the ground.  I am glad that I have that option on days like this though.  In December, I'll be stuck on the treadmill every day because it's just not safe running outdoors up here in winter in the dark on the ice road.  But I should be able to run outdoors most of September. The treadmill was a good choice for today though.

When I looked outside and saw this, I hit the treadmill instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment