Sunday, September 16, 2018

Bone Chilling 9 Miles!

The forecast for today was clear and sunny.  But I woke up to dense fog, a 25 knot wind and 31 degrees.  But I had made up my mind that I had to run at least 8.41 miles because that's what I needed to reach 100 miles for the month of September.  I had to drive down the road to the deserted road to the river to run because it was too foggy to try to mix with traffic anywhere else.  The first mile was really cold and I wondered how in the world I would ever make it through the first mile, let alone all 8.  But when I turned downwind, it was much more tolerable.  I just kept on going and going and finally stopped when I reached 9 miles.  I even considered going for 10 but at 9, I was back at the car.  I decided that was going to be plenty of freezing for today.

So I've done it, 100 miles so far this month, in only 16 days.  I'd like to make 200 but that means I need to do more than my typical 5 miles every day.  I really enjoyed yesterday's 10 mile run, so I hope we get some good fog free days so I can repeat that or go even farther.


No comments:

Post a Comment