Friday, October 28, 2022

Crevasse Moraine Trail

 Nice short little hike with my friend, Pam and our two dogs. It was really cold this morning, 14 F at my house and only 8 F at Pam's house. At the trailhead it had warmed up to 19, so not quite so frigid. The ground was frozen, so we didn't encounter any mud, just the pleasant rolling hills of that trail system. No snow on the ground there yet. This trail system is right next to the Mat-Su Landfill, so it tends to attract eagles.  I saw three in a tree right where I parked my car. I only had my phone as a camera so didn't get an extraordinary closeup picture. But I did get to catch a quick iPhone photo. After the hike I went to Anchorage to buy my new backcountry ski setup. I wanted something that would get me into the mountains off the groomed trails, with the ability to lock down my heel for steeper downhill skiing. Now we just need some snow so I can use them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment