Monday, July 17, 2017

Mainly Marathons Prairie Series Day 2

Day 2 of the Prairie Series was at Wahpeton, North Dakota.  It was actually the exact same race we did yesterday but both races started in North Dakota and ended in Minnesota. So either race counts as either state.  I already had North Dakota, but I wanted to do the whole series even though I do have both of the Dakotas already.  It was another hot one in the high 90's. I didn't break any speed records, that's for sure! This day had a really bad ending too.  I had to drive about 200 miles to the next race plus after two in a row in blistering heat, I was pretty tired.  I pulled into a gas station on my way out of town and managed to hit a concrete barricade and damage the side compartment door on my beautiful new VW RV.  I've only had it for 3 days!  But I am still able to close the door, although I did add some duct tape to make sure that it doesn't go flying off somewhere down the road.







No comments:

Post a Comment