Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Muddy Today

I started out planning to run around Colleen Lake but they had just graded the road.  By the time I reached the Dalton Highway intersection I had about 2 inches of mud on my shoes and could hardly move.  So I decided to just turn right and follow the Dalton.  It was a really neat run.  At least it had not been graded today.  When they grade the roads around here they turn to thick mud for the rest of the day.  It was sunny and nice, around 50 degrees and only about a 10 knot wind.  That is kind of perfect running conditions and I really enjoyed it.  I love the desolation on that road, just flat forever and you feel like you can see for thousands of miles. 

I really love the Alaska Scenic Byway sign though.  I had to stop and take a picture. 

Scenic is in the eye of the beholder!

No comments:

Post a Comment